Monday 13 May 2013

Welcome

Hi everyone, welcome to my brand new and first ever blog. As I have never done this before I have no idea where to start so forgive me if my blog is not the best and if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to tell me.

My idea for this blog is to enlighten people to what it is like keeping reptiles as pets. I currently have three pet snakes, two corn snakes and one royal python. Obviously as a reptile lover I would love to have more but I guess I need to get a bigger house first and convince my family that reptiles make good pets.

Crimson

Like a conventional pets such as dogs and cats. I have grown attached to my snakes and have even give them names. Crimson is an amel corn snake and she is orange and white. Snowy, I assume is a bubblegum snow corn, although she is beginning to turn yellow so could be a butter corn snake (it is hard to tell when snakes are not fully matured). Finally my only little boy Blaze who is a beautiful bumblebee royal python.

Blaze
Snowy
Why do I think reptiles make good pets? As a person who has a busy lifestyle I would not have the time to look after a dog or cat properly. I myself find that reptiles often suit people with a hectic lifestyle as they do not require a lot of attention. For one, they do not require walks or need to be let outside multiple times a day. I myself lift my snakes out of their vivariums daily for maximum of thirty minutes as this allows the reptile to get used to human contact. I also find that after initial set up, snakes are cheap to keep as they only need fed once a week or sometimes once every ten days depending on their size and breed. Furthermore, snakes make no noise and are very unlikely to upset your neighbors with constant barking.

FAO: Technorati Blog Directory 2W53QDJ9HH34
FAO: Feed Shark  Hypersmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.