Monday 30 September 2013

Doncaster September 2013 Reptile Show

I was looking to do this post a bit earlier although I have been poorly lately, therefore have not been near a computer. This post is all about the International Herpetology Society's annual show, which took place on September 22nd at Doncaster Race Course.

This is the first reptile show that I have attended and I must say I enjoyed it, although traveling from Belfast and being a passenger in a full car for a 500 mile drive was exhausting but hey it was all worth it to see lot's of wonderful animals. Bearded dragons, leopard geckos, royal pythons and boa constrictors were the most common.

The show itself is designed for breeders to sell live stock to other breeders and the public. Not only livestock was available but various equipment and vivarium decorations, vivariums and even rack systems. There was something available for everyone.

I was lucky to have the opportunity to see some wonderful and unique colour mutations and morphs. One of my favourite animals at the show was a killer bumblebee ball python. I am a huge fan of ball pythons and especially bees. I also seen some beautiful leopard geckos from hypos to patternless albinos. Sadly I never purchased any live stock, as in the near future I am acquiring two more ball pythons and don't have the room for anything else.

The highlight of the show for me was visiting the guys from The Reptile Room. The guys at the stall were so friendly, approachable and easy to talk to. I would also like to say a massive thank you to the guys at The Reptile Room for letting me take the following photographs of their animals they had on display.

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python

Reticulated Python

Leopard Gecko

Leopard Gecko

Leopard Gecko

My partner holding a Leopard Gecko

Leopard Gecko
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.