Saturday 17 August 2013

My Favourite Morphs

This blog post is all about morphs and which of them are my favourites. With there being so many different colour variations and morphs available, it is difficult to choose what ones to add to the collection. I myself love royal pythons, leopard geckos and corn snakes for the amount of varieties available.

Genetics are important to some keepers when purchasing a reptile due to future breeding projects. For example, a two to three gene animal could produce more interesting babies than a single gene animal. Also snakes and lizards that have a higher number of genetics increase in value.

Royal Pythons

I myself prefer high contrast morphs when it comes to royal pythons. I love high yellows and oranges with black markings. I actually made a wish list the other day of ball pythons I would like to own using the World of Ball Pythons iPad app. I found myself writing out so many that I decided to be logical and pick what I would like to breed to my bumble bee male. This is what I came up with.


Butter Enchi




All Royal Python images are by World of Ball Pythons visit their page by clicking here








Firefly

Lemon Blast

Spinner Blast





















































Pin Stripe





















Corn Snakes

When it comes to corn snakes, sadly I do not plan on breeding my two females although if I was planning on pairing corn snakes I would think about purchasing the following morphs because I like them and would find them interesting to work with.



Diffused Corn Snake















Gold Dust Corn Snake
























Lavender Corn Snake
















Sulfur Corn Snake













Leopard Geckos

I also have two leopard geckos and again I do not wish to breed them at present but would consider it in the future. Like corn snakes and royal pythons, leopard geckos are available in different morphs. They are also a popular pet and loved by both adults and children. My favourite leopard geckos are as follows.

Bold Stripe Leopard Gecko

Blizzard Leopard Gecko

Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko

Tangerine Leopard Gecko




























































Finally my last favourite morph is that of a reticulated python. Sadly due to the space needed to keep a retic, I would never keep one to breed or as a pet. However, after seeing a stunning morph by New England Reptile Distributors I had to add this to the list.

Orange Ghost Stripe Tiger by NERD


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.