Thursday 11 June 2015

Latest Addition

I recently got a new addition to my ever-expanding collection of reptiles- a desert royal python whom I have fittingly named as Drogo (after Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones). I have now got 14 reptiles in my collection.

An interesting fact about the desert gene is that desert females are infertile unless there are other genes in the snake. Therefore any single gene desert female has to be sold as "pet only".

Currently this little guy is assist feeding on a mixture of pinky mice and fuzzy mice. Royals are known for being fussy and sometimes can be difficult to feed. Hopefully Drogo will start striking soon. 

In the next few weeks I shall try and take a video of an assist feeding and share it on my YouTube Channel.

















If you have Instagram and would like to follow me: leannreptile1234. I am on Instagram more often than my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.