Wednesday 10 July 2013

Useful Websites

With technology improving and growing constantly, using the Internet for research is a great way to learn and free too. There are many great websites about reptiles and more being added daily, so today's post is about how technology is helping reptile keepers worldwide and what sites I have found to be most helpful.

I personally use Facebook all the time and have joined some really good group pages to connect with other reptile keepers. Not only are the groups a great way to learn about all the different reptiles available but also allow keepers to share their experiences and tips.They are also a great way to meet new people and make new friends. Here are a few useful Facebook links to various groups:

We're Talking Balls
We're Talking Boas
We're Talking Lizards
Corn Snake Owners Worldwide 
Reptile Community 
Reptile Forums UK 
Ireland Reptile Auction


Facebook is not the only place to discuss reptiles, there are also many good online forums packed with users ready to help and give advice about these fantastic animals. I have found forums helpful in the past and here are a few good ones that I have found online.


Alongside social networking and forums, there are many other great reptile sites that can be used for sourcing equipment to finding reptile breeders. I shall now list a few sites that I have found helpful. Don't forget to add your own links below and if I like your site I will add it to the list. As I am based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, some of the sites I will be listing are local to my area. 


Care sheets can also be very helpful when keeping a reptile, they can help you to care properly for you reptile and can include useful information on housing and feeding schedules. 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.